RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECOVERED Forum

A place to discuss metal detecting, civil war relic hunting, and treasure hunting overall.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

*POLL* What is wrong with this picture?

Go down 
+2
mlhudson
drdavemxt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
drdavemxt
drdavemxt

*POLL* What is wrong with this picture? Empty
PostSubject: poll question   *POLL* What is wrong with this picture? I_icon_minitime12/9/2009, 12:41 am

A very intelligent young lady I know (who shall remain anonymous) says "you NEVER point a bright light at old pictures"
I don't know if that's the right answer but there are more things wrong with the way this stuff is displayed -- just not sure what pirat
Back to top Go down
mlhudson
mlhudson

PostSubject: Re: *POLL* What is wrong with this picture?   *POLL* What is wrong with this picture? I_icon_minitime12/9/2009, 11:44 am

I would say the incandesent (light) is the problem, and then the open (wooden )display case
Back to top Go down
http://www.umdca.webs.com
R&R
Admin
R&R

PostSubject: Re: *POLL* What is wrong with this picture?   *POLL* What is wrong with this picture? I_icon_minitime12/10/2009, 7:35 pm

mlhudson wrote:
...and then the open (wooden )display case

Mark- are you saying the display case being open is a problem, the display case being wooden is a problem, or both?
Back to top Go down
https://researchandrecovery.forumotion.net
mlhudson
mlhudson

PostSubject: Re: *POLL* What is wrong with this picture?   *POLL* What is wrong with this picture? I_icon_minitime12/12/2009, 11:05 am

BOTH, OF COURSE
Back to top Go down
http://www.umdca.webs.com
Butch Holcombe

PostSubject: Hmmm.....   *POLL* What is wrong with this picture? I_icon_minitime12/15/2009, 7:22 pm

Ok, just my humble take: The light is a definate problem, both in heat and brightness. A better solution would be indirect lighting. Also, the cards are loose, and easily seperated from the photos. Then, the cards on that velvet are going to cause a "photo" effect, ie velvet will be brighter under card because it is protected. For that matter, cases should be closed if possible (but then how do you display the images?). Also, is that a layer of plastic I see inder the photo cases? Hmmm...I would avoid that.
Also, the Confederate images are touching the Yankee images. That is plain ol' wrong. Geesh Mad
Back to top Go down
craig
craig

PostSubject: Re: *POLL* What is wrong with this picture?   *POLL* What is wrong with this picture? I_icon_minitime12/16/2009, 9:05 pm

I can not add much to whats being said but I agree the light, the wooden case for both being open and displayed in. It being open can drop causing damage. And, being left in, I really don't know but listening to Ashlie last week on the RRupdate wood is never good so I'm pretty sure thats a no-no too. Shrug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourhistoryproject.com
drdavemxt
drdavemxt

PostSubject: Re: *POLL* What is wrong with this picture?   *POLL* What is wrong with this picture? I_icon_minitime12/16/2009, 10:57 pm

Butch Holcombe wrote:
Ok, just my humble take:
the Confederate images are touching the Yankee images. That is plain ol' wrong. Geesh Mad

THIS IS THE WINNING ANSWER RIGHT HERE !!
Back to top Go down
Rando
Rando

PostSubject: Re: *POLL* What is wrong with this picture?   *POLL* What is wrong with this picture? I_icon_minitime12/17/2009, 12:12 am

Among those mentioned, the WAY they are displayed, placing stress on the hinge as well as the instability are nonos...
Can't see the bubble wrap adding much support.
Also the tags on the tops under the bright lights could cause some nasty 'fade" lines...
Back to top Go down
Rando
Rando

PostSubject: Re: *POLL* What is wrong with this picture?   *POLL* What is wrong with this picture? I_icon_minitime12/18/2009, 12:55 pm

Good post, Ashlie.
I've got one of those head colds as well. 'Tis the season, lol....

You wouldn't BELIEVE how many photos end up ruined because people just don't take the time and research to preserve them.

Something as simple as non or low acid paper can make the difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *POLL* What is wrong with this picture?   *POLL* What is wrong with this picture? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*POLL* What is wrong with this picture?
Page 1 of 1