RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECOVERED Forum

A place to discuss metal detecting, civil war relic hunting, and treasure hunting overall.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Report from Fort Doneldson Relic Hunt and photo's

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Elvis Earnhardt
Elvis Earnhardt

Report from Fort Doneldson Relic Hunt  and photo's Empty
PostSubject: Report from Fort Doneldson Relic Hunt and photo's   Report from Fort Doneldson Relic Hunt  and photo's I_icon_minitime11/10/2009, 9:44 pm

Guys just got in from the seeded relic hunt in Dover Tn. I am bone tired! We started hunting this morning for 2 solid hours, They buried over 11.000 relics and coins. You were digging almost solid! We hunted again after lunch on another field for 2 hours. There was 149 hunters. The hunts were on 2 different 10 acre fields. They were fresh cut hay fields, and were beatuiful rolling hills. This was on a privite farm. The BIG prizes were given away by tokens, and the guys running the hunt put the numbers on all kinds of metals-- the big prize token was painted on a ball ping hammer head. It was an original 1861 rifle and was won by a great guy from Texas (see picture) One hunter found a Confederate button that was net seeded, another guy found a bullet that the ower of the relic shop said would bring $200.00..and guess what it was not seeded. This was the 6th hunt on that field and that bullet was origial from the war.. guess you can't hunt places out! They even buryed some canon balls!I got to sample several different detector types, and see all the latest and greatest detecting toys! Guys you should do this next year, it is first class all the way.. I paid for my entry fee with clad that I had dug over the last 2 years. I found 26 bullets, 5 buttons, several "small grape shot", a j-hook snap, several artifacts that I aint sure what they are, 2 buffalo nickles and 2 mercs. (one 1919) and one really cool "roller saddle buckle". That was worth the trip. I got to do an interview with our new Buddy Craig, We had lunch together at the field and hunted together in the second hunt. Craig is super guy! I made several new friends. Y'all should think about this for next year... I know I am going!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Getting ready to go!

Double E finds a bullet

Our ol' Buddy Craig in action!

The stuff was there for the taking!

Guys this is Mr. Jim Hitt and his grand prize rifle-- I am blessed to have crossed his path. He is a great guy .. Mr. Hitt is sick..please pray for him!!
Back to top Go down
R&R
Admin
R&R

PostSubject: Re: Report from Fort Doneldson Relic Hunt and photo's   Report from Fort Doneldson Relic Hunt  and photo's I_icon_minitime11/10/2009, 9:58 pm

Thanks a ton, Double E!

It definitely looks like you all had great weather as well as great finds! That is a really cool rifle that Ft. Donelson had as a grand prize! Wish I could have been there for it.

We'll surely keep Mr. Hitt in our thoughts and prayers! Keep us updated.

-Ian
Back to top Go down
https://researchandrecovery.forumotion.net
Brian
Staff
Brian

PostSubject: Re: Report from Fort Doneldson Relic Hunt and photo's   Report from Fort Doneldson Relic Hunt  and photo's I_icon_minitime11/10/2009, 10:06 pm

Fantastic write up on the Ft. Donelson hunt. Looks like I missed out on some fun at that one. Thanks for posting these pics and giving us a look at the event!
Back to top Go down
Anita Holcombe

PostSubject: Great pics Elvis!   Report from Fort Doneldson Relic Hunt  and photo's I_icon_minitime11/10/2009, 11:13 pm

John and Nikki always put on a great hunt event. They're good people! Sorry we missed it. Butch was up north digging and I was holding down the fort!
Back to top Go down
fortdonelsonrelics

PostSubject: Some More Pics Of The Hunt   Report from Fort Doneldson Relic Hunt  and photo's I_icon_minitime11/10/2009, 11:21 pm

Thanks to everyone who supported the hunt and attended. We had a great time and it was good to see everyone again this year.

Back to top Go down
R&R
Admin
R&R

PostSubject: Re: Report from Fort Doneldson Relic Hunt and photo's   Report from Fort Doneldson Relic Hunt  and photo's I_icon_minitime11/11/2009, 10:24 am

John,

Thanks for taking time to post your images! It definitely looks like a fun time was had and I'm already planning to attend for next year.

The little fella looks like he's having a blast, too! bounce

Thanks again everyone!
-Ian
Back to top Go down
https://researchandrecovery.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report from Fort Doneldson Relic Hunt and photo's   Report from Fort Doneldson Relic Hunt  and photo's I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Report from Fort Doneldson Relic Hunt and photo's
Page 1 of 1