RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECOVERED Forum

A place to discuss metal detecting, civil war relic hunting, and treasure hunting overall.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Carved Bullets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
R&R
Admin
R&R

Carved Bullets Empty
PostSubject: Carved Bullets   Carved Bullets I_icon_minitime11/8/2009, 12:41 pm

Soldiers would sometimes carve bullets in their free time. The pieces they carved could either be used for a certain function or for a keepsake. Some of the most common carved pieces recovered are chess pieces and fishing weights. There are some other common pieces that appear the soldier had to hastily quit his carving to attend to something important. These pieces often look like a bullet with cut marks on it.

Relic Hunters and Collectors hold carved bullets with a high regard because the soldier held the bullet in his hands and spent a great deal of time making his work of art.

In this image, you can see a 3-ringed bullet smashed down with very faint carving on the side. The bottom left piece is a square-cut piece that was probably going to be used as a dice. The bottom right piece seems like it would have made a perfect poker chip.
Carved Bullets Dsc00513

Here are some bullets that appear they weren't finished.
Carved Bullets Dsc00515

This bullet still has a very sharp point that the soldier had carved on it.
Carved Bullets Dsc00516
Back to top Go down
https://researchandrecovery.forumotion.net
Brian
Staff
Brian

Carved Bullets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carved Bullets   Carved Bullets I_icon_minitime11/9/2009, 1:59 pm

Carved Bullets Dscn1212
Back to top Go down
crashbro17x
crashbro17x

Carved Bullets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carved Bullets   Carved Bullets I_icon_minitime2/3/2010, 12:47 pm

Carved Bullets 2612_524332478192_184103453_31428231_7171369_n

Carved Bullets 2612_524332483182_184103453_31428232_4948672_n
Back to top Go down
http://crashbros.com
Sponsored content

Carved Bullets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carved Bullets   Carved Bullets I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carved Bullets
Page 1 of 1