RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECOVERED Forum

A place to discuss metal detecting, civil war relic hunting, and treasure hunting overall.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Revival

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Staff
Ian

The Revival Empty
PostSubject: The Revival   The Revival I_icon_minitime8/31/2011, 1:34 pm

Over this past year, I have learned a lot of new things about life. Many times we take for granted what we have and a lot of times we fail to see the forest for the trees. Since my divorce in March, I have taken a step back from the videos, this forum, and the hobby as a whole. Along with taking that step back to analyze what I really want in life, I have gained so much more in this year than I have in my whole lifetime.

Throughout my divorce earlier this year, I was able to get to know a person who has changed me for the better, a person who makes me try to be as best a man as I can, a person who I love very much. She stands by me anytime I decide to take on a new project (as long as I finish it) and supports me in ways that I thought was impossible. Not a day goes by that I don't have a big smile on my face because of her. She may one day get on this forum if she chooses to, and when that happens, you will all understand what I am saying.

I'll be honest- Creating the videos, moderating a forum, participating on the Relic Roundup and going to find relics started feeling like a 'job'. I didn't want that to happen from the get-go. I didn't want the fun to be taken out it all. My initial plan was just to take you guys on a visual journey as we went on our hunts. I guess I started thinking that I needed to do more, and that in effect, made me want to do less.

As for our forum, it is open as it always has been since we created it early last year. Just because I needed a step back didn't mean I wanted you all to have to take that step back with me. Much like every member here, I love seeing all of the stuff that is pulled from the ground. That's why we made this forum. Not to make money or compete with other well-known forums, but to create a camaraderie between our members who enjoy doing the same things.

In the following weeks, I am going to continue to check-in on our forum on a day-to-day basis. Granted, I am not going to be expending myself as I have in the past, I will still be an active member on here as I want you guys to be active as well.

Finally, I want to give thanks to all who have supported us. I can't tell you how many times where your support and encouragement meant so much to me. It made me want to make our videos as best as possible. And you can definitely tell it. If you take a look at some of our older videos and then look at the newer ones, you will surely see a difference in quality. You guys made me want to do better. You gave me that nudge when I didn't have anyone to give me that nudge. I can only hope that you guys will continue to support us, our videos, our forum, and our website in the same way you all have done in the past four years.

Thank you and happy hunting,
-Ian

Back to top Go down
geocampbell

The Revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Revival   The Revival I_icon_minitime7/26/2012, 10:19 pm

ian i think i owe you an apology i signed on this forum and sent you a reply from your welcome wanting to know why no new videos in the past year. i found and read the revival and fully understand. i wish you the best and will be looking for videos when you are ready .
Back to top Go down

The Revival
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RECOVERED Forum :: Discussions :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com