RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECOVERED Forum

A place to discuss metal detecting, civil war relic hunting, and treasure hunting overall.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Camera?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dough
dough

Camera? Empty
PostSubject: Camera?   Camera? I_icon_minitime8/31/2010, 9:37 pm

I'm thinking about getting a new camera for relic hunting and DIV. I would like compact one that won't take up a lot of space, but does a good job of taking close ups (micro) and videos?

Any sugggestions?
Back to top Go down
Ian
Staff
Ian

Camera? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera?   Camera? I_icon_minitime8/31/2010, 9:44 pm

dough wrote:
I'm thinking about getting a new camera for relic hunting and DIV. I would like compact one that won't take up a lot of space, but does a good job of taking close ups (micro) and videos?

Any sugggestions?

I would look at the Nikon line of cameras. Brian may be able to answer this one a little better as he has/had a Nikon and it took perfect micro images. I'm not sure on the video portion...

Back to top Go down
Brian
Staff
Brian

Camera? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera?   Camera? I_icon_minitime8/31/2010, 9:49 pm

Hey dough!!

Ian can tell you more about cameras than me, I'm sure he will chime in.
I can tell you I love my little nikon camera. I've used many cameras over the
years and they just seem to take better pics for me. As long as it's a good nikon
with a macro feature I'm sure you'll be happy.

Heck you seen the pics I took at DIV with it of your relics.

Here is a pic of a button I dug fresh out of the ground. As far as model number the one I
use is about 2yrs old and is discontinued, but I'm sure the newer ones are even better.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ian
Staff
Ian

Camera? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera?   Camera? I_icon_minitime8/31/2010, 9:54 pm

lol!

The thing with cameras is that you are only going to get one good feature out of the smaller consumer cameras.. For example, you might be able to get a great digital camera for still images, but it may lack in video quality...

Just something to think about. My and my wife's arsenal of cameras consist of a $2,000 Sony Hi Def video camera and a Nikon D80 DSLR professional still camera. We also have a smaller Sony DSC-H9 that takes awesome macros and decent video. But, it is a little more bulky than the smaller cameras..
Back to top Go down
Brian
Staff
Brian

Camera? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera?   Camera? I_icon_minitime8/31/2010, 9:59 pm

Ian wrote:
lol!

The thing with cameras is that you are only going to get one good feature out of the smaller consumer cameras.. For example, you might be able to get a great digital camera for still images, but it may lack in video quality...

Just something to think about. My and my wife's arsenal of cameras consist of a $2,000 Sony Hi Def video camera and a Nikon D80 DSLR professional still camera. We also have a smaller Sony DSC-H9 that takes awesome macros and decent video. But, it is a little more bulky than the smaller cameras..

Ian is correct about this. While mine takes great macro pics it lacks in some areas. I wouldn't even try to take a pic of a moving target. If possible when your looking around I would just take a button with me. Take some pics with the demo cameras and see what looks best. One thing to remember is taking pics indoors is a different ballgame. So chances are the images will be better under natural light. I might do a thread in the near future about how to get the images to look good inside.
Back to top Go down
Ian
Staff
Ian

Camera? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera?   Camera? I_icon_minitime8/31/2010, 10:01 pm

Brian wrote:
Ian wrote:
lol!

Ian is correct about this. While mine takes great macro pics it lacks in some areas. I wouldn't even try to take a pic of a moving target. If possible when your looking around I would just take a button with me. Take some pics with the demo cameras and see what looks best. One thing to remember is taking pics indoors is a different ballgame. So chances are the images will be better under natural light. I might do a thread in the near future about how to get the images to look good inside.

Yes, you should! You have a really neat setup for taking pictures of relics. So, you need to take a picture of your picture taking setup. :-)
Back to top Go down
dough
dough

Camera? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera?   Camera? I_icon_minitime8/31/2010, 10:15 pm

Brian I'm not sure that camera can really take close up pictures. You were't even able to all the grains of sand in focus!!! Razz

To be honest your camera skills of my bullet got me thinking about a new camera. I kind of looked around before the last DIV, but just ran out of time. So I'm thinking about it a little early. There are just a ton of reviews out there but I am looking for feedback form some of my relic buds. Actually my iPhone does a decent job with video's but I hate taking getting that dirty etc.

I like the idea of carrying a buttet or button with me to experiment.

Back to top Go down
Brian
Staff
Brian

Camera? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera?   Camera? I_icon_minitime8/31/2010, 10:20 pm

Man that was a killer bullet! I still think it was the best find from that DIV.

Back to top Go down
Ian
Staff
Ian

Camera? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera?   Camera? I_icon_minitime8/31/2010, 10:24 pm

Brian wrote:

Man that was a killer bullet! I still think it was the best find from that DIV.

DROOOOOL! Shocked

That is still one of the best finds from a DIV...
Back to top Go down
dough
dough

Camera? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera?   Camera? I_icon_minitime8/31/2010, 10:28 pm

Thanks guys. Every DIV gets better for me. Found my first Eagle I, in fact several at the spring DIV. So this one should be a buckle or a spur!
Back to top Go down
Ian
Staff
Ian

Camera? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera?   Camera? I_icon_minitime8/31/2010, 10:32 pm

dough wrote:
Thanks guys. Every DIV gets better for me. Found my first Eagle I, in fact several at the spring DIV. So this one should be a buckle or a spur!

Buckles and Spurs.. Buckles and Spurs... every guy should dig one to have a his and hers...

Sorry, getting a little excited over here! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Camera? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camera?   Camera? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Camera?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RECOVERED Forum :: Discussions :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com