RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECOVERED Forum

A place to discuss metal detecting, civil war relic hunting, and treasure hunting overall.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Found a cool old token / coin

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Elvis Earnhardt
Elvis Earnhardt

Found a cool old token / coin Empty
PostSubject: Found a cool old token / coin   Found a cool old token / coin I_icon_minitime3/13/2010, 7:00 pm

I dug up this cool old token today, It was real muddy and I have a group of kids following me, so when I dug it I just stuck it in my pocket. It rang up at 8” deep on a 36/38 reading, but it was just a little bigger that a quarter. It is from the 1904 St. Louis Louisiana Purchase Centennial … Heck 1904 that makes it old! As you can see it need some serious cleaning… I can see the date, two heads on the front, The back has a man on a horse (John Smith I guess) and an Indian (Sacagawea I guess), Any ideal what this is? I will do some cleaning on it. Anyway I think it is cool!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

here is what a good en' looks like

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ian
Staff
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Found a cool old token / coin   Found a cool old token / coin I_icon_minitime3/13/2010, 8:26 pm

Very cool! Heck, a 1904 token is just as old as a 1904 coin! I'd bet they don't sale those souvenirs in gift shops anymore...

Thanks for posting it and also the link to the clean 'en!

-Ian
Back to top Go down
Brian
Staff
Brian

PostSubject: Re: Found a cool old token / coin   Found a cool old token / coin I_icon_minitime3/13/2010, 10:44 pm

Congrats on a very cool token! First time I've ever seen one of these. Post some more pics when you get it cleaned up.
Back to top Go down
Elvis Earnhardt
Elvis Earnhardt

PostSubject: Re: Found a cool old token / coin   Found a cool old token / coin I_icon_minitime5/10/2010, 6:07 pm

After Cleaning on the token

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
kimerajamm

PostSubject: Re: Found a cool old token / coin   Found a cool old token / coin I_icon_minitime8/11/2010, 2:23 am

wow, that really great...... bounce bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
Erle From Va.
Erle From Va.

PostSubject: Nice Luisiana purchase token...   Found a cool old token / coin I_icon_minitime8/25/2010, 7:17 pm

You did a ood job on the cleanup...HH, Erle from Va
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found a cool old token / coin   Found a cool old token / coin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found a cool old token / coin
Page 1 of 1