RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECOVERED Forum

A place to discuss metal detecting, civil war relic hunting, and treasure hunting overall.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brass wedding? Band with 26K stamped inside. Any ideas?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jamt225
jamt225

Brass wedding? Band with 26K stamped inside. Any ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Brass wedding? Band with 26K stamped inside. Any ideas?   Brass wedding? Band with 26K stamped inside. Any ideas? I_icon_minitime12/29/2009, 8:39 pm

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

Found a Brass wedding? band today. It has what appears to be 26K stamped inside the band. Hope you can see it in the pics. Best I can do so far. Found at a possible colonial home site also Civil War activity in area. Found a 1900 Indian head, Confederate Calvary drops, thimble, and knapsack hook, yesterday about 150 yards away. This area has home sites back to the early 1700's nearby.

A silver ID badge came out near this spot last year. If I can get a pic of the badge and info I'll post it. US buckles, drop Spencers, colonial flat buttons, early large cents, Blane and Logan campaign token, confederate state wreath from tongue and wreath buckle etc, have all been found with in a mile of this spot over the years. I'm back tracking with the LTD to see what's left. :>)
Back to top Go down
http://bottlesandrelics.blogspot.com/
craig
craig

PostSubject: Re: Brass wedding? Band with 26K stamped inside. Any ideas?   Brass wedding? Band with 26K stamped inside. Any ideas? I_icon_minitime12/29/2009, 11:35 pm

Very good finds there for sure. I pulled a modern wedding band out about 3 years ago and new it was not gold by the feel but sure enough 24K stamped on the inside of that one as well. Seems they have been faking it a long time. lol

Can't offer much else, agian great finds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourhistoryproject.com
jamt225
jamt225

PostSubject: Re: Brass wedding? Band with 26K stamped inside. Any ideas?   Brass wedding? Band with 26K stamped inside. Any ideas? I_icon_minitime12/29/2009, 11:48 pm

That's what I was thinking it was a fake, but didn't know if it meant something else "back in the day" so to speak. Sure would have made me upset to have my finger turn green from my "gold" wedding band. :>)
Back to top Go down
jamt225
jamt225

PostSubject: another pic   Brass wedding? Band with 26K stamped inside. Any ideas? I_icon_minitime12/30/2009, 5:41 pm

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
Back to top Go down
jamt225
jamt225

PostSubject: Reply on Worl metal Detecting   Brass wedding? Band with 26K stamped inside. Any ideas? I_icon_minitime1/1/2010, 3:23 pm

its a fairground ring dating to victorian times where traders would sell lightly gilded rings with apparent hallmarks inside to fool the illiterate people . these come with marks that resemble hallmarks through to just a group of letters and numbers as in your ring ,i have seen a couple with the same 26k/28k/12k . i have found quite a few of these rings and only one had any gilding left (just a slight piece on the inside edge) .
these rings come in all sizes and design from plain bands through to ladies rings with paste stones even childrens rings .
so i would date your ring to the late 1800,s british /english

well found

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brass wedding? Band with 26K stamped inside. Any ideas?   Brass wedding? Band with 26K stamped inside. Any ideas? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brass wedding? Band with 26K stamped inside. Any ideas?
Page 1 of 1