RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECOVERED Forum

A place to discuss metal detecting, civil war relic hunting, and treasure hunting overall.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Got out Friday and made a good find!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian
Staff
Brian

Got out Friday and made a good find! Empty
PostSubject: Got out Friday and made a good find!   Got out Friday and made a good find! I_icon_minitime11/7/2009, 2:52 pm

Was off Friday so I managed to get out for a couple hours to hunt. Drdavemxt and I got permission to hunt a site beside a known productive camp. I just had a feeling that we were going to make some great finds. Well that didn't happen! The ground was clean in this area. We got very few signals and the ones we got well seemed to be modern junk. The only interesting find I made at this location was a WidowMaker tin. I'm sure some of you have found those before.

So we decided to hunt the other end of the property very close to the house. Here our luck changed a bit. I got several iron targets, but nothing screaming dig me!! I finially got a solid +77 target and started to dig. Popped up a great looking Merrill carbine bullet and thought well I've dug a bullet today so I'm happy! Stood up and bam! solid +77 target again in the same hole. Got my Lesche hand tool out and out popped another Merrill! Rescanned the hole and still a target. All in all this one hole produced 10 Merrills, 1 roundball, 1 .58 minie, and an unknown iron object. If anyone has a clue as to the id. of this iron object I'm all ears.

Drdavemxt dug some bullets one being a very cool carved one. Hopefully he will also post some pictures of it.

Pic of half way digging out this hole.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Another of the Merrils about to come out.

All finds from this hole cleaned up a bit. If you notice one of the Merrils has been cut.

Close up of the iron object. Anyone?

Back to top Go down
Ian
Staff
Ian

Got out Friday and made a good find! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got out Friday and made a good find!   Got out Friday and made a good find! I_icon_minitime11/7/2009, 10:34 pm

Way to go man! Finding multiple targets in a hole is a huge plus, but finding 10 merrils in one hole is HUGE!

Sweet pics, too! afro
Back to top Go down

Got out Friday and made a good find!
Page 1 of 1