RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECOVERED Forum

A place to discuss metal detecting, civil war relic hunting, and treasure hunting overall.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My shovel went to the beauty shop...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
Staff
Ian

My shovel went to the beauty shop... Empty
PostSubject: My shovel went to the beauty shop...   My shovel went to the beauty shop... I_icon_minitime10/12/2010, 11:34 am

It's getting close to DIV so I figured I would get my shovels ready for what could lie ahead. I've noticed that when it's raining outside, I can barely get any grip on my digging tools because they are smooth metal, especially after the paint job fades.

I sanded my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Model 80 Relic Pro down to remove any rust and dirt. Sharpened the blade up a bit. After a thorough cleaning, I gave the handle and shaft a couple of coats of Rustoleum primer. This gives a nice finish and one that gives your gloves a little extra grip in wet conditions. I then gave the blade a couple of coats of Rustoleum gloss black. After the paint had dried, I waxed the blade using car wax.

In theory, if it's raining, this would help with the mud/clay sticking to the blade. I'm hoping we don't have to worry about the rain/snow, but it's good to plan ahead regardless. Here is the finished Model 80 sitting beside my Model 88 Hercules.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Brian
Staff
Brian

PostSubject: Re: My shovel went to the beauty shop...   My shovel went to the beauty shop... I_icon_minitime10/12/2010, 9:08 pm

I will be dropping my shovels off at your place in the morning. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Henrique
Tom Henrique

PostSubject: Shovels   My shovel went to the beauty shop... I_icon_minitime10/13/2010, 9:37 am

Ian,

I never leave home without my long handled Model 80 (Mr. T) and my Model 55 Pegasus (long handle). If you haven't tried the Pegasus it is great in tough soil and heavy roots. The narrow blade sinks into the ground like a warm knife in butter and pulls a perfect 8 inch plug and the long handles are a lot easier on old backs and shoulders.

Tom Henrique
Back to top Go down
http://www.baymediapro.com/collection
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My shovel went to the beauty shop...   My shovel went to the beauty shop... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My shovel went to the beauty shop...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RECOVERED Forum :: Discussions :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com