RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECOVERED Forum

A place to discuss metal detecting, civil war relic hunting, and treasure hunting overall.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The low budget light box!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brian
Staff
Brian

The low budget light box! Empty
PostSubject: The low budget light box!   The low budget light box! I_icon_minitime9/5/2010, 11:44 pm

First and foremost I'm not a professional photographer and have learned what I know from friends internet sites etc. This is my attempt to give everyone a bit of reference to go buy if you want to make a low budget light box. If you've ever tried taking pictures inside a house you know it can be challenging to say the least. Colors come out strange and well they just never seem to look right. The problem in most of these situations is the lighting. Lighting is a huge part of getting an image to look right espcially if it's a small item. This a guideline feel free to use some of it or all of it.
It works for me!

First a supply list is in order you can get all these parts around your house, and at your local home supply store.

3) Metal Shop Clap Lights $6-$7 ea.
3) Spiral Bulbs 5000K-6500K $6-$7ea. (I use 6500K as it's the closest to the color of sunlight)
1) Cardboard box
1) White trash bag to use as diffuser

Off to constuction. Cut a large window area in the front of the box while also removing all the flaps. Next place a surface inside the box to use as a background for your pics. Try different colors of fabric etc. I'm using some shop rags at the moment. Now lay the trash bag across the top and clip your lights on the top. Easy huh?

Finished product should look something like this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And here is pic of a Quarter I had in my pocket to give you an idea of the images you can get using one of these boxes. Keep the flash off, zoom in and macro feature on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hope this helps some of you! Cool

Brian

Back to top Go down

The low budget light box!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RECOVERED Forum :: Discussions :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com