RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Welcome to the RECOVERED forum! Feel free to browse the information here. If you wish to post a message, please log-in or register for a free account!

Thanks,
The R&R Team
RECOVERED Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RECOVERED Forum

A place to discuss metal detecting, civil war relic hunting, and treasure hunting overall.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Relic Hunters Survival Kit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mlhudson
mlhudson

Relic Hunters Survival Kit Empty
PostSubject: Relic Hunters Survival Kit   Relic Hunters Survival Kit I_icon_minitime12/17/2009, 3:59 pm

I was asked recently by a couple of our club members to come up with a "survival kit" for folks that relic hunt. Here's what I do. I carry a back pack. If I'm not going to far from the car, I'll leave it in the trunk and of course if I'm pretty far back in the woods, I'll wear it. This leaves my hands free to carry my equipment. After I reach a site, I simply hang it in a tree. Don't leave it on the ground. Now, what's in the backpack you ask? The following is a list of items that we feel essential.

food - either some fruit and snacks or your lunch

water - soda, etc.

extra batteries - a must

roll of electrical tape - if you don't have " DUCT TAPE "

extra digging tools - knife - snips (to cut small roots) small hand saw,etc.

small flashlight - extra batteries

roll of toilet paper - just in case mother nature calls your name

topo maps of the area you intend to hunt

aspirin - chap stick - matches - band aids, etc. (put all of these in a baggie)

small repair kit - screw driver, pliers, etc.

insect repellant - we highly recommend permanone Tick Repellant

compass

extra headphones

water proof poncho

magnifying glass

extra coil

You can add to this list depending on your needs, but we feel the above items are a must. The idea is to keep it light, but not get caught in the field without the things you need for a successful hunt. Good luck and be prepared.

Last edited by mlhudson on 2/1/2010, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.umdca.webs.com
Rando
Rando

Relic Hunters Survival Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relic Hunters Survival Kit   Relic Hunters Survival Kit I_icon_minitime12/17/2009, 4:45 pm

Good post, Hudson.

I have written and been published several times over the years on this very subject.

I would recommend you keep a small kit in ALL your vehicles, and a smaller one to carry with you when you are going to be away from your vehicle.
In ADDITION to the MDing accoutrement...

Times are getting uncertain, and you never know WHEN you may have to stay somewhere, or leave somewhere in a hurry. A simple solution is to keep stuff ready, and check it regularly.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a good resource.

This forum has lists and examples of equipment that can be changed to suit you current needs.

Most of the kits are compiled from everyday items.
Back to top Go down

Relic Hunters Survival Kit
Page 1 of 1